Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Road, The Racquet, and The Retard

Well folks, here I am in Sunny Carlsbad California (the Sunny isn't actually part of the official name) in a gorgeous double wide townhouse overlooking the ocean that me and the other four guys on the the team have completely to ourselves. With food. And a car. Oh and a sauna, and featherbeds, and three huge plasma screens, and surfboards and boogieboards, and bikes, and a firepit, and a jacuuzi. Also the coolest shower I've ever used. For free. I love my job. We have three weeks left on tour, and only nine shows left. I have to admit I'll miss getting all these sweet hookups.
Another example of awesome hospitality recently was in Sacramento. We were not even performing there, but our host family got us guest passes to a racquetball club with weights, a steamroom, etc. and told us that after we were done working out they had steak for us. It was pretty much the best thing to hear after being in a car for twelve hours. So we quickly changed into some gym clothes and headed over to the club. I really wanted to play racquetball, so Clay and I played a quick game which he handily destroyed me in. Then he and Johnny played a couple of games while I got on a treadmill for a mile. I was feeling pretty good, and went down and played another game with Clay. Again, he won, and not by a small margin. I was getting pretty tired and decided to go soak in the steamroom for a while, but Clay convinced me to play one more game. I did much better. The score was 17 to 15, with Clay winning. We were having some pretty good rallies and it was getting intense. Clay served up the ball, and I returned it. He answered with a pretty fast hit. As I scrambled to get to the ball, he scrammbled to get out of the way. Well, somewhere in all this, Clay's racquet started to feel left out, and decided to do some scrambling action of its own. On my face. Well more precisely, on my teeth. My top two front teeth got broken real nice. In Sacramento California. It didn't hurt as much as I imagined it would. But it did hurt. Anyway, after much frantic phone calling (thanks Cinco!) , it was determined that I could wait at least until the morning to get anything done. After more frantic phone calling (Cinco again!) I managed to find a dentist who was willing to come in on Saturday morning at 7:30 AM to temporarily fix my teeth. After the procedure was finished and I had temporary caps on, along with an order to get two root canals and permanent crowns, we promptly hit the road for an eight hour drive to Murrieta, south of LA. In Murrieta I managed to get an appointment with a doctor who is apparently one of the very best aesthetic dentists in the nation. So yesterday, while most of my compatriates (excluding Brandon, thanks!) were at the beach, I was laughing my way through two root canals. Seriously, the doctor had to stop halfway through, look at me sternly and say "I've never had anyone laugh during a root canal before." And my permanent crowns, which normally take at least ten days to make are going to be ready Monday, so I can go to Idaho on Tuesday. I'm still pretty much just wowed by the way God has provided through this whole crazy thing. Even down to posh accomodations for my root canal recovery. Okay, so for now, bye. And here is a pic of toothless Eric.

3 Comments:

At 5/03/2006 3:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude

 
At 5/03/2006 3:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in Alexandria, Egypt.
im in the biggest library in the world , but i can't check my email so i found your blog space. i miss you and i love you and i don't care if everyone who does the internet knows.
greg

 
At 5/07/2006 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alright.
\Now I'm in Cairo.
I'm sick and everything is very dirty.
Just like I like it.
Now this is happeninglkjrtaiortggaosidgjhsdfglaksdjfhgliuqeyrotpreowyhksdhglkjasdhfklgheiort98347502938476p2u34yh6oi8734098yutui3yh04986532u4youifgeouygsalhgdfjgkquwertfqweutowuqetyrqwuityertgweoygfkwqyhbcccc ljuwqyeoir voliuqwtyerqiuegrow 92835p987yfweuity0ewrhkljhgdpfiahlkjsehfb vuwyer viloveyou

 

Post a Comment

<< Home